Monday, April 29, 2013

Trek/Horse ride to Taal Volcano main crater


    So this happened April of 2011. I know it is late, but i still wanna share my adventure to Taal's crater.

     At that time we don't really have plans on going to the crater we just wanna chill at Tagaytay. We planned to eat our lunch at picnic groove but when we arrived  the place is crowded there are many people at that time so we don't have place to stay or eat that is when a guy approached us and he ask my mom if we want to see the crater of the volcano. I was thrilled with what I heard, we all agreed to have an adventure and avail the package the guy was offering us.  We took our lunch at the resort (I forgot the name of that place) then rest for a while and we rode a boat going to the bottom of the Taal volcano.
View at the resort
The waves at Taal lake was crazy! The boat was swaying like there's no tomorrow haha! We are wet because of the waves but it was fun :) The boat ride took us 20-25 minutes, when we got to the bottom of the volcano we paid for the maintenance fee and tour guide fee then wait for our tour guide. The tour guide ask us if we want to ride a horse going to the crater or walk with our own feet. My mom wanted to save money so she said we will walk. But some locals still follow us to the crater because they believe we won't survive walking. At first I thought it was "OA" but after a few minutes I started to believe the locals. The way going to the crater was like woah!

View going to the crater
​       The way to the crater was so rough, dusty and narrow. There is smoke/steam coming out of the soil (and it was hot! I tried putting my hands at the smoke haha). Taal volcano really is an active volcano. So we rode the horses that was following us from the start with the guides. One of the guides said " Sabi na nga ba eh susuko kayo. " and I was like okaaaay. :|

​    After 30 minutes of horse ride we reached the crater. I was enchanted by the scene. The crater was beautiful, though it was hot there it is a paradise. The locals say that before  people are allowed to go down and swim at the crater but now it becomes so hot.




      We stayed at the crater for 30 minutes, take pictures and rest for a while. After taking enough pictures we rode the horses back to the bottom of the volcano, ride the boat back to the resort and went home. That's it! :)


​This is my very first post here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment